MAISON VEUVE CLICQUOT

by - January 18, 2018



I spent my holidays in Europe and it was such a delight. I had been dying to go to the Champagne region in France and visit "La Maison Veuve Clicquot" to tour their famous cellars. And so, I finally checked it off my list and it was memorable.

After a few days of touring Paris, we drove to the Champagne Region which was about 2 hours away and made it to Reims, France. Upon arriving to the Veuve Clicquot headquarters, we were kindly greeted and paired with an adorable tour guide that took us through the 1 hour experience which ended with a glass of Yellow Label.




We went into the cave, walked 24 meters underground to attain the oasis of bottles. Our guide gave us an insider into Madame Clicquot's challenging life as well as  a thorough explanation on the process of making Champagne. The process is very long with massive attention to detail, that is why it is such a luxury. 


If you plan on going to visit their cellars, dress warm and wear flats as their are many stairs to go through. It's a very cool experience, we got to see the oldest bottle of Veuve Clicquot which was found on an old sunken ship. 

As a sweet ending, you get to sip a glass of Veuve in their brightly colored lounge and you can also do some shopping in their gift store. They have "Veuve Clicquot" pillows, umbrellas, aprons etc and of course bottles! You can book a tour by clicking here.



It was my second time in France, and of course while I was in Paris I had to do a few "errands".


Stopping by Polette Eyewear to finally get my prescription corrected, it's a LONG story, I will blog it soon lol.


Shopping at Galeries Lafayette



I also went for an afternoon tea at Mariage Frères, they have a  large selection of teas from around the world. They have many locations in Paris, however I chose this one because it had the better reviews and a nicer interior. (Address: 13 rue des Grands Augustins) After going there for a tea, you can easily walk to the Notre-Dame Basilica which is about 10 mins away.

The service was impressive, we were served by these young french males dressed all in white who had a very quiet however friendly demeanor. So, of course I ordered the cake covered in 24 Carats of gold leaf, I had to see why there was such a buzz on Instagram! 


The cake was very "rich" in taste, it's a chocolate marbled cake infused with tea, festive spices, hazelnuts and orange bits...I could not finish it because it was too sweet, next time, i'll try their cheesecake. 

Btw, I did not plan to match with their walls, that just happened. My jacket is a gorgeous find from the salvation army, so is the mirror brooch. However my beautiful gloves are my mother's, she bought them 30 years ago. 




I'm already planning my next trip. Where should I go next? Follow me @marciabcreative


Aurevoir France! 


You May Also Like

24 comments

  1. Your first outfit is so beautiful!! I would love to visit France some day!! xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the make up you had in that pink furry photo! Looks like you had an amazing time in France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had such an awesome trip! Have been to Paris once ages ago and your post just made me wanna go back:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! my dream is to visit Paris onE DAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing place!!i am sure you had great time.Lovely photos.
    https://clickbystyle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great experience!
    http://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a blast!

    I adore France, I met my husband when I was studying in the south of France.

    I'm very impressed with your outfit where you are eating cake. Even more so now that I know that the gloves are your mothers and the jacket is thrifted.

    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool you had a tour!! I love their drinks haha!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Images! I love Champagne <3

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE Paris, I went there in the fall. I am noting that tea shop. I can't wait to go back, you look like you had a great time. And love your coat too.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and beautiful photos:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to visit France one day. Sounds like you had a great visit.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems you had great time in France!
    I've been in France and Paris many times but I didn't know you can visit Champagne factory, it sounds a so interesting experience! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your ruffled sheer gloves, and your pink furry jacket - looks like you had a wonderful time! I have only been to Paris once, and that was only for 2 days!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing! I love your entire look!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, what a fun + fabulous little trip!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow it looks like you're having my dream vacation :)
    ENJOY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great trip. I love your gloves.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved your blog! So glad you had this dream trip! Beautiful pictures and thanks for the good advice, to wear flats while visiting the Maison VC. I also liked the tea afternoon! What for a great experience to go to the cave! Hope you have a nice day!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that sounds like an amazing experience. Just my kind of holiday because I am partial to a glass of champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a huge fan of Veuve Clicquot! Unfortunately I took an organized tour of Reims and it wasn't part of the tour. We did visit their vineyards and I sampled some grapes. I will return to Reims on my own to explore more champagne houses. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete