CAMPING AT AIM FESTIVAL 2018

by - July 26, 2018



Summer 2018 has been packed with so many events, a few weeks ago, I was invited to attend the AIM Festival as a VIP guest. I was really looking forward to this as I never had an experience quite like AIM which is an electronic music festival however the fun twist is that you can also camp on site during the 3 day fest. Doesn't that sound like fun?! All electronic music lovers are united on the same campsite to share the "AIM experience".

 For the 4th edition of AIM Festival, the campsite was fully booked, hundreds of tents swarmed Parc Carillon as the DJ lineup was very impressive. Top contenders of this year were Roger Sanchez, Claude Von Stroke and  David Gravell. 


In order to be prepared for AIM Festival, I had to go shopping for some outdoor gear, since I never actually camped outside. I glamped in the past, as seen in my post here, however this time around I was going to do the real thing. So, I went to Canadian Tire and got all my gear, including a 4 person tent from Outbound. Next stop, AIM Fest.


Once we arrived, we got our VIP passes and than headed to the VIP campsite to set up our tent, than off we went to enjoy the electronic music. 

At AIM Festival, there are 5 stages; ranging from trance, dub step, electro and mainstream house. It's really fun in a sense, that you can walk around from one stage to another and completely experience a whole different mood of music and crowd. If you feel more alternative, you can walk to the Bass Camp stage and than to switch up the vibe, go to the Monolithe stage and step into a different realm of music.


DJ David Gravell's set at the Trance stage was awesome, see the video below. 


 AIM also offers a mini food truck village and nearby kiosks selling club wear and rave accessories. Of course, I did some shopping, I came across the Toronto brand Zuzanium by Zuzana Grimm. I bought this metallic bikini top at 20$, handmade by the designer. Can't wait to wear it at a future event. 


AIM was definitely a cool experience, perhaps next year I would go back with my own RV and glamp in style! 

For those who don't have a tent or do not like camping, there is "Hotel Mobile" which is basically hotel rooms on wheels. For 60$/night, you have your own bedroom inside the trailer. Cool enough, if you're having a party such as a wedding and your guests need a place to stay but you don't have space for them, you can rent Hotel Mobile for your special event. 


We drove to the AIM Festival which is a quick 1 hour drive from Montreal, however for those who need transportation, the festival offers a shuttle bus service departing Montreal throughout the day. 


For more info: www.aimexperience.com


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh it looks like so much fun.
    Love the flower crowns in the ladies' heads.
    Lovely pics too.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you camped- how FUN!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, obviously it was so cool there!
    Many thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Do you want to follow each other?
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so nice pictures :-) and so many yummy food :-)

    ReplyDelete