IK HOU VAN JOU

by - March 06, 2016



Hello Fashionistas, I spent Valentine's Day weekend in Amsterdam and it was amazing. Honestly, if I had to choose a city to describe my style identity, it would be Amsterdam. 

Fashion in the Netherlands is intriguing, as people cycle everywhere, their bikes become an integral component to their personal style. Subsequently, you can spot fashionistas wearing all black on a hot pink bike, wearing an orange tuque and electric blue gloves. It's such a cool experience, just sitting back and watching all the artsy cyclists zip by and wait at the dock to board on the boat, perhaps going to work or just meeting with friends. That's everyday life in Amsterdam! If I lived there, I would definitely get a flaming hot pink bike with a papaya print all over it, just so I could easily spot my bike among all the others.

One more thing, vintage shopping is also reasonably priced, unlike shops in Paris and London. I spotted amazing turquoise leather gloves for only a whopping 10 euros! How awesome is that? My favorite shop was Laura Dols located among the "9 straatjes", the eccentric shopping hub of Amsterdam.


Organic dinner in a greenhouse at Restaurant en Kwekerij De Kas 


Amazing Valentine's Day dinner in a cozy bed at Supper Club, the best experience yet! 


Vintage shopping at the Waterloopleinmarkt, rummaging through the endless amount of treasures.



We stayed at the Mandela Huisje, which is a glass house commemorating the iconic Nelson Mandela, it is founded on love, respect & unity. I definitely recommend booking this haven for your next getaway in Amsterdam, after your stay in the Mandela house, a tree is planted in Indonesia with your name on it. 



Homemade breakfast at the Mandela Huisje on Valentine's Day.


My valentine's day gift from my partner in crime, this gorgeous dress I have been coveting for a while is from Dorothee Schumacher.


After doing a boat tour with the funny, Those Dam Boat Guys and going to the Anne Frank Museum we made sure to hit the Tassen Museum, which is the museum of bags and purses. 





I could not leave Amsterdam without trying this tasty deutsche delicacy named "Poffertjes" at Pancakes Amsterdam.


Looking for a cool cocktail spot? You must stop by Sky Lounge, try the Skull cocktail. 


I can't wait to go back to Amsterdam! 



You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Yay! I found your blog! I love Amsterdam myself! It is such a cool city. I must have missed the Tassen Museum. I would have liked to have visited.

    www.souljournersstory.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've always wanted to visit Amsterdam! Thanks for sharing the pics love, loved like a blast :)

    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mandela place it's amazing, i stayed in Amsterdam a lot of years ago i have to return!
    kiss
    www.theladycracy.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing place! Such a cool city!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice place ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: FLARED PANTS / ME ON LIVE TV!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time! That dress is a great color, and the cut is timeless. Kudos to your partner in crime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos. I must stay at the Mandela House the next time I'm in Amsterdam (I have family there). And yes, I agree, the fashion there is quite interesting because practically everyone bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´ve been to Amsterdam too. This breaktfast at Mandela House looks so great. This place in general looks so lovely! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg so nice to see you in my country hahah!
    And wow you managed to take some awesome pics during your stay!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete