BOOK REVIEWS!

by - March 09, 2018


One of my resolutions for 2018 was to read more, so I managed to get through 3 books in February. Here are my reviews on the following books. What books are you reading lately? Please share your favorite reads with me!




If you are into fashion and the real housewives reality shows, this book could be for you. This is an auto-biography of Maria Dominick, former model and socialite at her prime in the 1970's. From her  humble beginnings in Brazil to her tumultuous yet glam life in New York and other fashion capitals, she recounts her emotionless married life. It's actually entertaining but in the end, you kind of don't feel bad for her. There are way bigger problems in life than what she complains about.


Night by Elie Wiesel

As a Holocaust survivor, Elie recounts his horrible experience in the Auschwitz concentration camp, the death of his family and of his innocence. There are really no words to describe this book, just read it. I rate this book 5 stars, I had to buy it on Amazon after returning my library copy.


"La femme qui fuit" (The woman who ran away) by Anais Barbeau-Lavalette:

 This is a french book also available in English, under the name "Suzanne".  All her life, Anais noticed that her grandmother was never in her mother's life and never made an effort to be part of it. After the death of her unknown grandma, Anais is curious and decides to find out who exactly was this lady and why did she not take care of her children? Her grandmother was Suzanne, a lady who lived life on the edge which got her in a lot of trouble. This is a true story.



Any good book suggestions for me? Comment down below.


You May Also Like

19 comments

  1. You have made me feel guilty ! I have 3 new books that I have not even began to read !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I have read one book so far. It's called "I almost forgot about you" by Terry Mcmillan. Currently reading "Girls Like Us" by Rachel Lloyd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post darling, so nice and interesting!
    Have a nice weekend! ♥

    New post is on my blog: Visit me, Malefica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could find time to read more books. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!
    xo Yvonne
    www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so curious about that first book, never heard of it before! I'm a sucker for fashion-related books so will definitely give it a read :)
    xx
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've vowed to read more this year as I normally only get the chance when I'm on holiday. Thanks for sharing this selection, I will check these out!
    Jaz
    xoxo
    https://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 books in February is really great! I’m impressed I had a hard time getting through one. :) I’m into fashion and I love the Real Housewives, those ladies are crazy! I’m loving those PJs dear. I love hearing about my Grandmother and all of her experiences so La Femme Qui Fuit sounds like a great book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love book review posts as I'm always on the hunt for good books. Will definitely check these out, thanks doll xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't curling up with a good book the best thing every! I always want to read but never have the time for it.


    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like such an interesting mix of books! :)

    I set myself a goal of reading more this year, it's kind of stopped now but I really should get back into it, it is a relaxing way to wind down at the end of the day!

    Hope you are having a good weekend :) We are having a quiet one to recover from our busy week!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this book, great post
    new review on my blog <<< Abiby beauty box march >>>
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find the first book interesting by your review. Thanks for the recommendations!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting reads! One can appreciate the reviews. I'm currently reading "Think and Grow Rich".

    Xoxo
    www.stylemefancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing the book covers!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always plan to read more but never get to it. Nice of you to share this with us.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know these books but they seem great ^^ I'm now reading "The Effect Lucifer" and it's really interesting!
    I'm following you now :)
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good collection, even i am crazy for books, i have huge collection. I really would like to read "Maria's adventurous life" Title attract me more. If you like love stories( i love that) you can read Nicholas Spark.
    Hope you will visit my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete